Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Lego Zombie Apocalypse build for IF GOD DOESN'T SHOW

Out of many of the things that's happened in my career over the years, this is easily one of the most awesome things to date. 

Evan Roy over at Bricks of the Dead recently created an MOC for IF GOD DOESN'T SHOW (co-written w/ John Grover). What exactly is an MOC, you may ask? Well, it's anything you create with LEGO bricks is called a "MOC", which stands for "My Own Creation". 

I was unaware that Evan was doing such a thing, so it was a very pleasant surprise to find out he'd done just that. I was curious to find out the process of how he went about creating the build. 

Also you can check out the book review here and my author interview here



Here's what he had to say:

How long did it take for you to complete the build? 

Evan: Let's see...the background buildings were already built. Believe it or not, that car took me about 8 hours. I really wanted it to look like an RPG hit it under the car and was tipping it over. I rebuilt it over and over again. I probably spent an hour positioning the mini figs. Maybe another hour playing with lighting. About 2 hours shooting it as I am learning a new DSLR camera. So yeah, about 12 hours in total. 




As I said, before, this is a pretty awesome build, not only because it's based on my work, BUT because Evan could've chose to build anything and he took the time to do this build. Thanks Evan for all the hard work. It's certainly an honor and John and I are very happy with the end result. The more I look at the build, the more details I find. See for yourself and enjoy! 





Build in Progress Shots: 












And Final Build Shot:








No comments:

Post a Comment